NADRA has technically facilitated all poverty stricken individuals; providing electronic disbursement of funds during events like floods, earth quake, war on terror affected and other disasters. Being the unique entity to provision these intelligent and smart solutions; NADRA is facilitating relief and rehabilitation in collaboration with Government for many years. Transparency is ensured in the programs conducted under this technology. Donor agencies like World Bank have internationally acknowledged NADRA social protection projects as being the best case study for cash transfer.
The social protection programs include:
- Benazir Income Support Program- For People under poverty line
- Biometric Verification of deserving person for cash disbursement of funds.
- Identification of 5.5 Million beneficiaries.
- Maintenance of biometric debit card issuance to 4.3 Million beneficiaries.
- Watan Card- For flood affected personal in Pakistan
- Issuance of 4 Million cards.
- Disbursement of 5.3 Billion PKR.
- Web based Complaint Management system to ensure total customer satisfaction.
- Citizens Damage Compensation Program
- Includes 2 Million flood affected citizens.
- Afghan Refugee Registration
- Issuance of cards to Afghans residing in Pakistan.
- Development of a web based biometric registration system through which over 0.8 Million applicants have been successfully repatriated.
- Internally Displaced Persons
- Disbursed financial grant to 0.45 Million people by mobile phone service for the first time. These were displaced due to war on terror.