As a sequence of establishing measures and procedures to prevent acts of terrorism that threaten the security of passengers, crews and the safety of ships, NADRA has developed â€œMachine Readable Seafarerâ€™s Identity Documentâ€ (MRSID) solution.
NADRA is issuing MRSID to Pakistani sailors in compliance with International Labor Organization Convention (ILO) C-185. The MRSID issued by NADRA is not only vital in enhancing security at seaports but also in facilitating international mercantile naval activities.
The salient features of MRSID are:
- Compliance of ILO-SID-0002 standard, which contains Finger Minutiae- Based Biometrics Profile in PDF417 Barcode
- Incorporation of Machine Readable Zone (MRZ) as per the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) standards
- Card layout has been designed according to the specifications provided by ICAO for Machine-Readable Travel Documents (MRTD)
- The Card has security features specified by ILO C-185 which includes but are not limited to heat sealed lamination, ultraviolet security feature and watermark
- Printing of Issuance Authority Signatures along with the official seal
Use of PVC material as card substrate to counter extreme weather conditions at sea