| || || ||Profile|| |
| || || |
|Introduction|| ||National Database & Registration Authority (NADRA) has gained international recognition for its success in providing solutions for identification, e-governance and secure documents that deliver multi-pronged goals of mitigating identity theft, safe-guarding the interests of our clients, and facilitating the public. In-depth Research and Development efforts have enabled NADRA to become the trailblazer in the area of Software Integration, Data Warehousing, Network Infrastructure Development and Project Management. |
NADRA set out on the journey of Civil Registration of all Pakistanis in March 2000 and in a short span of time NADRA’s team indigenously created a state of the art centralized Data Warehouse, Network Infrastructure and Interactive Data Acquisition Systems to issue secure Computerized National Identity Cards (CNIC). With the introduction of this new fool-proof, comprehensive and highly sophisticated computerized system, NADRA has been successful in reducing the identity theft to a bare minimum. NADRA prides itself on one of the largest centralized databases in the world. This highly secure and intelligent National Data Warehouse is the central hub of NADRA’s extraordinary strength and growth in the last 8 years. NADRA’s National Data warehouse hosts the data of over 96 million citizens and runs various Transaction Processing, Business Intelligence and Decision Support applications. Operating on international standards and models, NADRA has also developed a comprehensive supply chain, developing understandings with worldwide technology developers & resellers that give us access to state-of-the-art technologies and also enable us to assist clients in acquiring the best value for money in the market.
NADRA proudly employs a highly skilled workforce of more than 11,000 technical and management personnel, who contribute to register more than 96 million citizens and print more than 95 million Computerized National Identity Cards. To achieve this gigantic landmark NADRA has developed 365 Multi-biometric Interactive Registration Centers and deployed 189 mobile vans to register citizens living in far-flung areas, with a motive to provide quality service and comfort.
During this short span of time, NADRA has gained significant international recognition. ID World, organizers of the ID Card & Electronic Passport Forum have ranked NADRA as one of the World’s Top 50 Suppliers of e-Passport Technology for 04 years running.
| || || |
|History|| ||National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) was established as National Database Organization (NDO), an attached department under the Ministry of Interior, Government of Pakistan in 1998. On 10 March, 2000, NDO & Directorate General of Registration (DGR) merged to form NADRA, an independent corporate body with requisite autonomy to operate independently and facilitate good governance. With the mandate of developing a system for re-registering 150 million citizens, NADRA launched the Multi-Biometric National Identity Card project developed in conformance with international security documentation issuance practices in the year 2000. The program replaced the paper based Personal Identity System of Pakistan that had been in use since 1971. To date over 96 Million citizens in Pakistan and abroad have utilized the system and its allied services to receive tamper resistant ISO standard Identification Documents. |
| || || |
- NADRA has been placed amongst the Top 50 e-Passport Technology Suppliers for 5 consecutive years in ID World Magazine, for 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 published by Wise Media, Italy. NADRA is amongst the 3 companies selected from Asia and Africa on the list. NADRA was honored with the “Outstanding Achievement Award” at CARDEX Middle East in Cairo, Egypt in May, 2007.
- NADRA has been awarded The Merit Exporter Award by Federation of Pakistan Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FPCCI) in 2006 for achieving export of homeland security solutions in the international market.
- NADRA’s Chief Technology Officer, Mr. Usman Y. Mobin was awarded the “ID Talent Award” in November, 2007 at the ID World International Congress held in Milan, Italy. He was recently awarded Tamgah-e-Imtiaz in 2009 for his services rendered to the state.
- NADRA has successfully achieved Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) from Software Engineering Institute (SEI) Carnegie Melon, USA. Certification was assessed on Technology, Quality Management and Project Management divisions.
- NADRA Quality Management and CNIC Production departments are also ISO 9001:2000 Certified.
- Deputy Chairman NADRA, Mr. Tariq Malik was awarded ID Outstanding Achievement Award on November 3, 2009 in Milan at an exclusive ceremony during the eighths ID WORLD International Congress, the Global Summit on Automatic Identification. Mr. Malik was selected out of 250 people from 75 countries by international voting of editorial board consisting of CEOs of fortune 500 companies