National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistanis (NICOP) is a registration document issued to a eligible citizen of Pakistan who lives or has reference abroad.
Any citizen of Pakistan can apply for NICOP and can travel to Pakistan without requiring a visa in case of dual nationality. Please note that Passport number is a mandatory pre-requisite in case of applying for NICOP of new born babies if they are born abroad.
You can apply for your NICOP by either visiting NADRA Registration Center (NRC) or through Pak-Identity website.
NADRA Registration Center (NRC)
You can apply for NICOP by going to the nearest NADRA Registration Center (NRC).
Following are the steps which you will be following at the NRC:
- You will be issued a token
- Your photograph will be captured
- Your fingerprints and signature will be taken
- You required data entry will be done and form will be printed to be reviewed by yourself
- You will be handed over a printed version of your application form.
Pak Identity Website
You can apply for your Smart National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistanis (SNICOP) by visiting Pak Identity website and have it delivered to your doorstep.
There are two means in which a card can be delivered.
- Normal – 30 days
- Urgent – 15 days
- Fast Track – 7 Days (Queue priority at NRCs for immediate processing)
Through Pak Identity
- Application Processing – 7 days
- Local Shipping in Pakistan – 2 days
- International Shipping – 5 Days
A citizen obtaining two or more identity cards/certificates with different Identity Numbers is marked “DUP” in NADRA database. Once you apply for DUP clearance, one of your NICOP will be retained while the other (duplicate) will be surrendered automatically. Citizen will have a choice to retain any one of his/her NICs/Certificates through an application made to National Database & Registration Authority (NADRA).