National Identity Card (NIC) is issued to the citizens of Pakistan. It is a blend of state-of-the-art technology and well-defined business rules to guarantee its authenticity and validity. The unique 13 digit identification number is recognized all over the country. It is the first requirement of individuals as it is mandatory to obtain documents like license, NTN, bank account, passport, cellular connection etc. Every citizen of Pakistan, 18 years and above, is eligible for NIC.
You can apply for your NIC by either visiting NADRA Registration Center (NRC) or through Pak Identity website.
NADRA Registration Center (NRC)
Visit the nearest NADRA Registration Center (NRC).
You will undergo following steps at NRC for processing of your application:
- You will be issued a token
- Your photograph will be captured
- Your fingerprints and signature will be taken
- You required data entry will be done and form will be printed to be reviewed by yourself
- You will be handed over a printed version of your application form
- Submit this form after confirming the printed information and attestation by the gazette officer
Pak Identity Website
You can apply for your Smart National Identity Card (SNIC) by visiting Pak Identity website and have it delivered to your doorstep. You can not apply for fresh/new CNIC from website.
There are two means in which a card can be delivered.
- Normal – 30 days
- Urgent – 15 days
- Fast Track – 7 Days (Queue priority at NRCs for immediate processing)
Through Pak Identity
- Application Processing – 7 days
- Local Shipping in Pakistan – 2 days
- International Shipping – 5 Days
A citizen obtaining two or more identity cards/certificates with different Identity Numbers is marked “DUP” in NADRA database. Once you apply for DUP clearance, one of your National Identity Card (NIC) will be retained while the other (duplicate) will be surrendered automatically. Citizen will have a choice to retain any one of his/her NICs/Certificates through an application made to National Database & Registration Authority (NADRA).