| ||Multi - Biometric ID Card|| || |
NADRA has developed a comprehensive system with Interactive Data Acquisition & Web methodologies; acquiring, transferring, processing, archiving data & producing ISO compliant secure identification documents. This system generates unique citizen identification numbers for entire population. The Registration system integrates biometric technologies such as Automated Finger Identification Systems (AFIS) and Facial Recognition Systems and is capable of providing identity verification to all integral Government departments. The system can meet any standards required by the customer, including ISO 7810 and ICAO 9303 compliant ID cards.
NADRA provides integration services for all types of ID technologies as per the clients’ requirement including Smart Card, RFID cards, Java cards and microprocessor based cards. The end-to-end registration system ensures authenticity of individual & documents through visual as well as electronic means. NADRA provides the following services to its clients:
- Evaluate possible technologies and solutions for the project .
- Develop a new Identification numbering scheme .
- Define technical standards based on requirements and evaluation
- Define system security standards .
- Undertake a system analysis and design study of the manual process, to identify gaps in the system
- Perform Business Process Re-engineering (BPR) of the existing procedures
- Develop data acquisition methodologies and identify data fields required to be captured
- Identify required technologies pertaining to:
- Data Acquisition
- Data Communication
- Data Processing
- Secure Document Production & Document Delivery components
- Design Data Backup and Disaster Recovery (DR) plan for the project
- Develop requirements for integration with other government bodies
- Identify Hardware & Software to implement a state-of-the-art system
NADRA has the ability to provide its clients with Multi-biometric Interactive Registration Centers that can be designed as a one widow solution that makes good use of latest data enrollment technology to gather data directly from the applicants thereby eliminating erroneous data processing. The interactive data capturing not only uses customized software for on-the-spot data entry, but also employs software that captures an individual’s photograph as per ICAO standards and biometric technology to capture fingerprints. The data gathered at the acquisition centers is sent directly to the Data Warehouse for processing and finally to printing of secured documents.
NADRA has successfully implemented the Multi-Biometric National Identity Card System based on Teslin® for Pakistan. Till date over 96 million citizens have been registered and over 68 million ID cards produced.
National Data Warehouse:
NADRA has established the National Data Warehouse to cater the influx of huge data. This central repository stores demographic and geographic data of the citizen and processes applicant’s records for the issuance of multiple secure documents after exhaustive verification through automated biometric facial and fingerprint recognition and verification systems. All the applications running in data warehouse are designed and developed in-house, which caters for all needs of automated processing, personalization and verification with minimum human intervention. Some of the data warehouse applications are:
- Phonetics – probably the fastest search engine which searches on the basis of names
- Family Identification – provide vertical and horizontal family linkages
- Verisys – web based verification system
- Registration Tracking – tracks applicant’s application through-out the life cycle of processing
- Disaster recovery and replication module
| || |